Game News: PAX East is Coming- Here’s What We’re Looking Forward To
The Penny Arcade Expo grows near; the expo is a gaming festival and we’ll be there! There’s going to be plenty of awesome games on display, here’s a few that caught our attention.
To be honest, I don’t think there are enough spaghetti-western video games. Sure, Red Dead Redemption came out a few years ago, but what have we seen? Very, very little of the west. Say hello to Boot Hill Heroes.
After an alleged attack by the Chepakwik Indians, the people of Bronco County are on the brink of war. Only a farm boy who knows the truth can stop it. Together with his three friends – a gunslinging desperado, an Indian princess, and a calamity jane – he must expose a conspiracy by bringing to justice the six outlaws of the notorious Saints-Little gang. Their journey will take them through cowtowns, Indian villages, ranches, gold mines, prisons, and into the very heart and soul of the American Wild West. But on their epic adventure to right the wrongs of the past, will they see justice done or discover an even darker secret lying in wait behind the scenes?
The game draws inspiration from Earthbound, Chrono Trigger and various Final Fantasy games along with the old American west- the Wild West. The game is set to launch sometime soon on the XBLIG and PC.
The original Anomaly, a tower offense game, was awesome- it had a great atmosphere, good gameplay and is still worth picking up. Recently, 11 Bit Studios announced Anomaly 2, and it looks really, really good.
– Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
– Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
– Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
– Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With over million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
– Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine:
– Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
I’m particularly looking forward to the multiplayer aspect- playing tower defense against other players? Sounds beautiful. Anomaly 2 is coming to Mac, PC and Linux.
This ridiculously awesome farming action strategy game will be shown off at PAX East 2013- the game is currently in beta, and it’s got lovely cel-shaded graphics.
What’s the best way to describe McDROID? Here’s the creator’s own words:
What’s really cool about McDROID is the blend of action and strategy, it’s never boring because of the variety of enemy strategies. If you want to turtle you can if you’re really good, and being able to carry your own arsenal, the talking lasers, the modularity of your droid and the richness of the ecosystem it’s really fun.Our fans get addicted to it and I think it’s because it gets your brain involved and your heart pumping.Also we have this neat mechanic of persistence where you start with normal difficulty, then try challenge where it carries over your weapons from normal, then nightmare plus the visual of how your actions affect the entire planet. Oh and we added meteor showers and the cool thing is they damage also the enemy so you can imagine the tactical depth in the game, it’s just a glimpse.